Translate

Wednesday, May 2, 2012


Alexis Robinson is a young woman with an amazing mind, but a life of hardships has tainted her young soul. 
At the age of fourteen she’s betrayed by her mother, sexually abused by her mother’s boyfriend, and taken advantage of by a trusted member of her school.
The abuse she endured as a youth leads Alexis down a destructive path as an adult. Prostitution, beatings, rape and other forms of abuse nearly cause her demise. But when Alexis rediscovers a love she had long forgotten, she becomes driven to get her life back on track…but for every step she takes forward, something seems to always pull her back by two.

Caution: This story contains violence and language not suitable for children. Adult read only.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Astray sounds a little like Barry White's history. He was in jail for stealing hubcaps when he decided to turn his life around. His natural ability in music saved him.

Sounds good.

M J Lane Author said...

I enjoyed reading the Ashtray excerpt on Amazon. Your style of writing is truly amazing. I will be purchasing the book and look forward reading more of your work. Carlos, you have a gift and I wish you all the best with your God-given talent of writing.

Carlos said...

I truly didn't know that Barry White lived a life like that. that's very interesting. thanks for comment. I learn something new everyday.

Carlos said...

I really appreciate your comment MJ...it's compliments like that that makes writing all the more pleasurable for me. I really appreciate it. I hope you enjoy the book. Thanks for the support

M J Lane Author said...

As an aspiring writer, I need author's like you who can help me hone in on my own writing skills through your deliverance of words, sentences, paragraphs, and pages that develop into stories to share with the world. Thanks so much! By the way, I purchased Ashtray and downloaded Pretty Boy. I have requested your friendship on Book Blogs (Michelle Johnson-Lane).

~M. J. Lane

Carlos said...

well your very welcome. and thank you for the support, and good luck to you and your blooming career as a writer. And i'd like to also thank you for downloading the books. I hope you enjoy them both. I'd like to also read your works. keep me posted on where i can find them